Saudi minister says two of its oil tankers were attacked in UAE waters

by Business Insider
May 13, 2019

Saudi Arabia’s energy minister Khalid al-Falih revealed on Monday that two Saudi oil tankers had been targeted in a “sabotage attack” off the coast of the United Arab Emirates.

In a statement to state-owned Saudi Press Agency (SPA), the minister confirmed the attack occurred at 6 a.m. local time off the coast of Fujirah, which is part of the UAE, as the ships were travelling towards the Arabian Gulf.

“Two Saudi oil tankers were subjected to a sabotage attack in the exclusive economic zone of the United Arab Emirates,” Falih said the statement.

One of the ships was loaded with crude oil from the port of Ras Tanura, a city in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, and was en route to Saudi Aramco’s customers in the US, it added.

No comments yet - you can be the first!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Keep the Fake News Media in check.

Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!

We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.
View our full privacy policy.