(CNN) — The U.S.-led United Nations Command and North Korea held rare military talks Thursday — the first since the sinking of a South Korean warship, the Yonhap news agency reported.
An official at the U.N. Command said the meeting lasted about 90 minutes, but had no additional information about the talks, according to Yonhap.
The much-anticipated meeting between military officers representing the United Nations and North Korea took place in the demilitarized zone between North and South Korea.
The purpose of the meeting was to “set the agenda and the protocols for general officer talks” in regards to the March 26 sinking of the South Korean warship, the Cheonan, U.N. Command spokesman David Oten told CNN earlier this week.
The isolated North has maintained its innocence, rejecting the investigation findings outright, questioning the validity of the experts involved, asking to conduct its own inquiry, and telling the Security Council that North Korea is the true victim of a conspiracy.
To read more, visit: http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/07/15/north.korea.talks/?hpt=T2
Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!
We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.