US ‘committed to Afghan talks’ despite Taliban suspension

by
March 16, 2012

BBC News

“There is no likely resolution to the conflict in Afghanistan without a political resolution,” White House spokesman Jay Carney said.

The Taliban said they were halting preliminary talks with the US because Washington’s message had been “erratic” – an accusation denied by Mr Carney.

Meanwhile, President Karzai called on Nato troops to leave Afghan villages.

A presidential statement said that as a result of the killing of 16 villagers by a US soldier on Sunday, international forces had to withdraw from rural outposts and return to larger bases.

Earlier on Thursday, the president told visiting US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta that Afghan troops should take the lead for nationwide security in 2013.

To read more, visit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17393837

No comments yet - you can be the first!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Keep the Fake News Media in check.

Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!

We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.
View our full privacy policy.