Lawsuit filed against Md. Gov. Hogan, other top Maryland officials over emergency coronavirus measures

A lawsuit against many of Maryland’s top officials is targeting laws crafted in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The suit, filed on Saturday, names Gov. Larry Hogan, Health Secretary Robert Neall, Deputy Secretary of Public Health Services Frances B. Phillips and Maryland State Police Superintendent Woodrow W. Jones, III, as its defendants.

Filed by a number of religious leaders, state delegates, and businesses, the lawsuit is asking the court to step in and stop the executive orders and other regulations they claim are violating the rights of the people of Maryland.

While the lawsuit had been under discussion for weeks, one of the suit’s plaintiffs, Maryland Del. Neil Parrott, said the decision to push forward this weekend came when Del. Dan Cox was told he needed to cancel his plans to speak at Saturday’s Open Maryland rally.

No comments yet - you can be the first!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Keep the Fake News Media in check.

Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!

We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.
View our full privacy policy.