The military has tightened security at New Castle Air National Guard Base in Delaware after unknown suspects apparently tried to probe the base for security weaknesses, counterterrorism and military officials told NBC News.
A Pentagon official said that no specific threat or person had been identified, but the base raised its security level to what is known as Threatcon Bravo, two steps higher than normal.
The precautions under Threatcon Bravo include additional inspections of the base for suspicious packages, tighter checks of incoming mail, random checks of cars and making sure cars and crates are kept at least 80 feet from buildings.
The FBI, the Air Force, the Joint Terrorism Task Force and Delaware police are investigating attempted probes of the base perimeter, including the main gate, once on Monday and four on Tuesday, the officials said.
The probes were conducted by a vehicle or vehicles whose occupants were described as “Mideastern” in appearance, counterterrorism officials said.
Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!
We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.