Diving operations are set to begin on Monday as American, Singaporean and Malaysian armed forces search for the 10 missing U.S. sailors after an early-morning collision between a Navy destroyer and a tanker near Singapore — the second collision involving a Navy ship in the Asia-Pacific region in two months.
U.S. Navy officials told Fox News diving operations will begin inside the flooded compartments aboard USS John S. McCain. USS America, a large amphibious assault ship, arrived in the Singapore port near the stricken Navy destroyer and will lead the diving efforts, officials said.
The Navy said five sailors were hurt in Monday’s collision between the USS John S. McCain and the 600-foot Alnic MC, an oil and chemical tanker. The four who required additional treatment were taken by helicopter to Singapore, where the McCain had been headed.
One of the injured, Operations Specialist 2nd Class Navin Ramdhun, posted a Facebook message saying he was OK and awaiting surgery for an arm injury. He told The Associated Press that he was sleeping at the time of the collision and is not sure what happened.
Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!
We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.