Trump administration begins printing 2020 census without citizenship question, signaling end of court battle

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration said Tuesday it has begun printing 2020 census forms without a question on citizenship, indicating it may be backing down from a lengthy court battle.

Following the Supreme Court’s 5-4 ruling last week that the Commerce Department had failed to justify its proposal, a Justice Department attorney advised lawyers in the case that “the decision has been made” to print without asking about citizenship.

The decision came just days after President Donald Trump suggested delaying the census in the wake of the Supreme Court decision. “I have asked the lawyers if they can delay the Census, no matter how long,” he tweeted.

Late Tuesday via Twitter, Trump said he asked the Department of Commerce and Department of Justice “to do whatever is necessary to bring this most vital of questions, and this very important case, to a successful conclusion.”

No comments yet - you can be the first!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Keep the Fake News Media in check.

Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!

We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.
View our full privacy policy.