Visiting targeted air base, IDF chief promises response to Iranian attack

Halevi warns that Iran will “face consequences for its actions”; military spokesperson says Nevatim is still in operation, but cautions that home front rules may change in the coming days.

Israel Defense Forces Chief Staff Lt.Gen. Herzi Halevi warned on Monday that Iran’s missile and drone attacks against the country, which caused minor damage to an airport, “will receive a response.”

He made the comments while he was meeting soldiers at the Nevatim Airbase, in southern Israel. Four Iranian ballistic missiles were fired during the early morning attack on Sunday. The comments came just hours after Israel’s war cabinet had met to discuss a response.

“Iran wanted harm the strategic capability of the State of Israel – that’s something that hadn’t happened before.” “We were prepared for the Iron Shield operation — preparation which brought Iran to also experience aerial superiority,” said he, referring the effort to counter Iran’s blitz under its military codename.

Rockets Red Glare in Israel

On America’s Independence Day, Israel received over 200 rockets’ red glare and bombs bursting in air due to Hezbollah’s attack. It’s only a matter of time before Hezbollah launches a full-scale war against the Jews and Christians in Israel. Israel’s soldiers and emergency services need equipment to ensure their VICTORY. Help the Genesis 123 Foundation equip them to defeat the barbarians.

Rockets Red Glare in Israel
1776 Coalition Sponsored

Halevi stated that “we saw last Monday what was organized and we believe the State of Israel has a very strong defense and can deal with this threat alone. But with so many threats so far away and so numerous, we’re always glad to have [the United States] by our side.”

He added, “We’re looking ahead and evaluating our options, and we will respond to this launch of missiles, UAVs and cruise missiles on the territory of Israel.”

Halevi also said in a separate English language video that the attack “created new possibilities for cooperation in Middle East”, and “Iran would face the consequences of its actions.”

“Iran launched a massive attack against Israel over the weekend.” He said that over 350 missiles and rockets — including ballistic missiles and cruise missiles — were launched from Iranian soil, as well as Iraq and Yemen.

Halevi added, “Across the skies in the Middle East, a coalition has been activated to combat this attack. This marks the beginning of IDF’s Operation: Iron Shield.”

He said that the Israel Defense Forces worked in real time with other partners, including the United States Central Command, the British Armed Forces and the French Armed Forces. This was true in the air, the ground and the sea.

“Defense systems have been activated, threats intercepted and Iran’s attempt to attack Israel has failed.” Halevi stated that Operation Iron Shield “proved the strength of our ironclad cooperation”.

Halevi thanked “all of our international partners” who “resisted Iran’s aggression.” Iran’s attack created new opportunities for Middle East cooperation.

“We are closely monitoring the situation.” We are still at the highest level of preparedness. Iran will pay for its actions. We will decide our response accordingly. “The IDF is ready to respond to any threat that Iran or its terrorist proxies may pose, while we continue to defend Israel”, he said.

The IDF reported minor infrastructure damage in Nevatim after the Iranian missile attack.

According to IDF, Iran launched an attack that included 170 drones and 30 cruise missiles. 120 ballistic missiles were also fired, but 99% of them were intercepted.

The Israeli Air Force, along with its allies including the United States of America, United Kingdom, Jordan and France, downed the drones and missiles outside the airspace of the country.

In a statement to the press from Nevatim, IDF spokesperson Rear Admir. Daniel Hagari said that the airbase continued to operate as normal following the Iranian drone and missile attack.

After Halevi’s trip, he told journalists that the base was fully operational and continued to send aircraft on operational missions.

He claimed that “the attack by Iran was foiled almost before [any of the missiles] entered our territory.”

Hagari described the damage to infrastructure as “minor”.

He said that four missiles hit the base. One was near a runway and two were in open areas. The fourth one struck a building under construction and caused minor damage.

“All of these impacts will be corrected in the next few days.” “This base is operational 24/7, it was active during Operation Iron Shield and even today planes take off from here to defend Israel’s skies,” Hagari said.

The spokesperson said that the military “continues being prepared and alert to defend the country.” We are monitoring the situation.

“We are at war on many fronts.” He warned that the threats are changing in size and frequency. This was amid reports that Israel had decided to strike back “clearly” and “forcefully” at Iran, with a message designed to show that Israel “will never allow an attack this magnitude to pass by without a response.”

He said that “in accordance with this”, “instructions (to the public) change as well.” “We will keep you updated immediately” Hagari said.

In recent days, tensions between Israel & Iran reached a new height. Iran has vowed revenge for seven members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, including two Generals, killed in a alleged Israeli airstrike near Tehran’s Damascus embassy on April 1.