Biden’s CBP One app allowed 266,000 immigrants into US through ‘smokescreen’ process
According to federal data, a government-run app designed to curb illegal immigration resulted to more than a quarter million immigrants being released in the United States.
CBP One was launched in January of this year to allow non-citizens to enter the United States through appointments for screening to determine their admissibility. According to data requested by House Homeland Security Committee Republican leadership, the Customs and Border Protection agency of Homeland Security granted admission to immigrants that were not refugees 95% of the time.
266 846 immigrants were admitted into the country out of 278,431 who requested an appointment at CBP officers’ ports of entry from Jan. 12 to Sept. 30. Of the 278,431 immigrants who requested an appointment with CBP officers at ports of entry between Jan. 12 and Sept. 30, officers admitted 266,846 people.
Mark Green, Chairman of the Board (R-TN), said in a press release that “Secretary Mayorkas abused CBP One in his quest for an open border.” “These numbers prove that Mayorkas operation is a smokescreen to mass release individuals into the country who otherwise would have no claim to admission.” In a world where global tensions are increasing and our enemies are becoming more aggressive, releasing these tens or thousands of people into our communities is irresponsible.
The immigration court will make a decision about the ability of immigrants to stay in the country after they have been admitted. This process could take several years because there are 2 million cases pending before the 700 judges in the nation.
Green had requested the information months earlier, in June. He then re-issued the request to DHS again in August and in October.
Green served a subpoena on the DHS in October 2013 for its failure to respond repeatedly.
The committee received the new findings over the weekend. They are especially significant, given that the Washington Examiner conducted an investigation in August into how Mexican cartels were able to sell the right to register for appointments to increase the number of immigrants who sought them.
The app was launched earlier this year to allow immigrants who have already traveled through Mexico, and reached northern Mexico, to speak with CBP officers in the United States about the possibility of being allowed to enter the country. CBP hoped that the interviews would reduce the number of immigrants who illegally enter through ports of entry.
The cartels, however, determined that they could request an appointment anywhere in the globe, and not just from northern Mexico, by using a virtual network. The Mexican government wanted to prevent immigrants from crossing into Mexico from Guatemala, but they could not do this because the app only allowed appointments from northern Mexico.
In an interview with The Washington Examiner in August, Adam Isacson said, “Mexico would certainly let people pass if they had an appointment. They’re kind of counting that (as a transit visa).” It’s sabotage. They know that they can’t get an appointment for people who aren’t north of Mexico City.
The technology service of the cartels allowed immigrants to pay the cartels for an appointment at the Guatemala-Mexico Border and then be admitted into Mexico in order to travel to the U.S. This resulted in an unknown amount of appointments which should have not been possible to schedule.
CBP spokeswoman Erin Waters stated in an August statement to the Washington Examiner that “Claims of the CBP One App being hacked are categorically untrue.” Criminal groups and smugglers are still preying on vulnerable migrants by lying to them, and putting their lives in danger. “Here is the truth: The legal and orderly routes we’ve established have not been good for cartels or other criminal organizations looking to exploit migrants.”
Waters said the agency “continually monitors and evaluates the application to ensure that it is functional and guards against bad actors.”